Friday, December 24, 2010

24/12/10

First of all - it's Christmas eve so Merry Christmas to everyone!

Its Christmas that I'd like to talk about first, mainly because everyone's gone mad! I live in a village, and on the 2 trips out today it was chaotic, cars and people everywhere! The snow wasn't helping but drivers were doing all kinds of crazy things to park and get where they had to go...I'm surprised (but glad!) that there hasn't been an accident.

I guess its nice though, shows that people are making an effort to make christmas special (whether or not they believe in the reasons we celebrate), either that or everyone had forgotten until today that is is christmas tomorrow! Christmas to me is a time to relax and enjoy time with family; yes I enjoy the food and presents (who doesn't?) but they're not essential to enjoy it. Also means I can have a few guilt-free days of not revising / couresworking ready for going back to Nottingham next month.

The next thing I want to talk about (and something that will probably become a frequent feature of these blogs) is cycling. I've been saying to myself all week that I need to get out and ride my local haunt (its been far to long!), and today I finally dragged myself out. I drove halfway there so I could test my fitness but so that my car was close enough should anything go wrong and I have to say I was disappointed, it had its moments of fun but I think being at uni has meant my fitness has dropped considerably so I just couldn't get the speed I wanted, nor keep going for long enough - a new year's resolution in the making I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment