Thursday, December 30, 2010

30/12/10

This will almost certainly be my last post of the year so I'll begin by wishing a happy new year to everyone!

This year has certainly been jam packed - my first season of racing, my first bouldering competition, getting a 1st for my first year at uni, celebrating my last birthday as a teenager, walks with ramsoc, playing quidditch, house hunting and so much more! It looks like 2011 is going to be full to the brim with new experiences and adventure too so I will keep you updated with the action as it happens!

I took my dad down to Woburn Sands mountain biking today, it was great fun (there's not much that can beat flying down fast single track!), really proved to me how unfit I've got since the summer though - will have to make an effort when I'm back at uni if I want to improve on last years race results. Sounds like a new years resolution in the making!

Having been revising for my atmospheric chemistry exam I feel I ought to mention global warming and climate change. I'm a bit of a skeptic if I'm honest, something is happening to our climate, that I can agree with, but to what extent we are responsible, I'm not so sure. Assuming it is down to us, as the government and their statistics would like us to believe, we don't seem to be doing much about it. I was talking to my dad about wind and solar panels (today, like a lot of the days in the last few weeks, being both foggy and without a breath of wind!), his argument was that we wouldn't be able to generate enough power to make a difference but if everyone saves just a little bit of oil, and produces just a little bit less carbon dioxide by producing their own power, that's got to be a good thing right?

Probably just as well I've been revising that module today - the other one is quantum mechanics! (watch this space if you like quantum chemistry / physics!)

No comments:

Post a Comment