Tuesday, February 12, 2013

12/2/13

Suppose I'm about due a blog post!

Thankfully there haven't been any more big disasters since the last post, although there still seems to have been a disproportionate amount of grumpiness, but I shan't hold that against the world!

I'll start at the end, rather than the beginning, because that's the best "news" I suppose. I had my interview at Warwick today. Can't go into the specifics 'cos they frown upon that, and besides I wouldn't want to give any hints to the competition that are still to be interviewed! I came away from it feeling like I'd given them my best, and with a ~3:1 ratio of interviewees to places I think I've at least got a chance (compared to King's College where I knew I'd not done brilliants in the interview and the ratio was closer to 6:1). The environment was a lot more relaxed than at King's, and I almost enjoyed certain parts of the selection process which can't be a bad thing. I'd never seen that part of the campus before either, I was impressed!  Much better than the bits I remember seeing when I was looking there a few years ago for chemistry! I have no idea if I did well enough to get in or not, but I came out of it knowing I'd given it my best shot and I don't think there's anything I'd have done differently... and now we wait!  Decision expected mid-March!

Much of my recent grumpiness has been due to catching the lurgy. I spent much of last week in bed, when I wasn't asleep I was watching DVDs because getting up made my head hurt to much, and made me feel like I was going to fall over. Thankfully I am now feeling much better (although I'm still not 100%). 

The rest of my grumpiness has been, as usual, arm related. I'm seeing a new consultant next week (the one I mentioned being referred to in my last post, 'cept I'm paying to see him so I don't have to wait 2 more months!), I'm trying to keep in mind that there probably isn't anything he can do, and even if there is I'm probably not going to like it very much. Despite that I have some kind of strange optimism going on that everything *will* be fine and dandy. 

In the mean time it was deemed best that I began working out a pain management plan with "my" GP. I can see where's she was coming from but she has opted to pretty much ignore the request of my consultant and follow another avenue instead. 2 weeks on I don't think this particular avenue has agreed with me very much!  Even what it considered a fairly high dose doesn't help me as much as I'd like and it added to me lurgy woes by making me more than a little bit groggy, and I'm fairly certain it's been responsible for most of the headachey-ness! With this in hand I decided to continue taking my GP's advice "come back in 2 weeks if you're not getting on with them...". She's on holiday this week!

I shall have to self medicate with pancakes instead.

I should probably try and end on something positive. TV has been cheering me up.  If you haven't watched the program about the bionic man yet, you definitely should (http://www.channel4.com/programmes/how-to-build-a-bionic-man/4od). Penguins have been on the tele too - that's always good! 

Aaaaand finally...

Nothing like a nice sunset view!

No comments:

Post a Comment