Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4/7/12

A day of mixed emotions today I think.

Very stressed this morning, practise UKCATs suggested I was going to do rather badly, and that would mean no med school for me next September (probably). But I actually did OK.  Slightly more than OK really so I'm really quite relieved, and it's given me a much needed confidence boost (perhaps I might actually be able to do this medicine thing!)

For anyone who's in the know about this sort of thing...here are my scores!
The first one apparently warranted me being called a genius by the examiner chap!

My "elation" has worn off a bit now though and I'm heading back on the road to grumpiness.  I suspect it's because it's now almost a year to do the day since I crashed, I'm just getting fed up with the whole thing now.  I'm fed up of the pain, and the things it stops me doing and the way it makes me feel.  I'm fed up of waiting for things which may or may not help.

On a list of things I want to be able to do again - writing, sleeping, driving and lifting not very heavy things without pain all come pretty high up as they are fairly fundamental but riding my bike is a close contender too.  If if was anything else causing the feelings of frustration I'd be out on my bike, getting some miles in the legs and then I'd feel better.  But now I just get more fed up because I can't do that either.  

Sorry.  I'll stop complaining now.  Shouldn't be grumpy!


No comments:

Post a Comment