Thursday, May 24, 2012

24/5/12

Bit early in the morning for a blog post but I've been thinking about this for a while and it's important.

I don't know if regular followers of this blog have noticed a difference over the last few months, but I have.  I started this blog with an intention of sharing my thoughts and opinions, mainly related to me.  I think posting every day, along with a photo, has changed this.  The thought processes which go through my head each day regarding posts are different, and the content is becoming less true to myself.  I always maintained that this would be somewhere where my real feelings and perhaps my inner most thoughts could be recorded, often because the process of writing it down is quite cathartic.

That's no longer the case.  My blog content has always been honest, and I like to think it always will be, but there are many things, that perhaps would even make for good reading, which I haven't talked about (some of which are lurking in the deepest, darkest corners of my brain and others that I just didn't want to talk about).  For one reason or another, these are things which I don't intend to share.  It may sound silly but I don't feel I can legitimately carry on writing as I have been, whilst keeping things hidden away.

Combine this with much discussion recently about the merits of online anonymity and I have decided that I am not going to continue with this blog in the same format.

I am going to continue posting a daily photo as this was something I set out to do for a year and I am now almost 5 months in to this.  I'll carry on posting about any running I do, and rides if I ever get back on a bike.  I'm hoping to watch (and photograph) some mountain bike races in the near future so I'll probably talk about that too. I expect I'll give in to temptation and there'll be the occasional "real" post,  but on the whole I'm going to take a step back from this, at least for the foreseeable future.

Before I go I just wanted to say thanks, there are a few people who I know read this blog who have offered me tremendous support over the last few months and I don't know where I'd be without them.  Thanks to those that have perhaps been more of a "lurker" and have been reading too.  It always made me happy to watch the blog view stats climbing.

So, erm...goodbye I guess!


No comments:

Post a Comment