Wednesday, February 22, 2012

22/2/12

Despite the strong desire to fall asleep, last night turned out to be quite good. One of my housemates realised I was in need of some cheering up and made amazing pancakes (some of which I managed to flip successfully!), we then sat and watched The Simpsons together before watching a film. So it was a really nice evening, and took me all the way through to "bedtime".

Last night was another lacking in sleep though, and I really wasn't with it this morning. Somehow managed to make it into the library for 9 (lectures started at 10) to get going with some more data analysis for labs. I was raided my emergency change pot so I had enough money for coffee, found my headphones too in hope that music would keep me awake!




After an hour of relative productivity it was time for the first lecture of the day. Biosynthesis. Interesting as ever but I have no intention of answering those questions in the exam so it doesn't matter that I had no idea what was actually going on.

Here's my preparations for the lecture...

We then had an hour gap, yep time for more matlab. I was again quite productive but still hadn't done enough so after a quick group meeting about our presentations tomorrow (which we still haven't actually practised as a group) I found a computer and did more work on data analysis:



Do you see a common theme in my working environment? Coffee was vital today!

I plotted over a hundred graphs, the majority of which needed exclusion of points and contained 2500 data points! Just need to make some sense of them all in the report now...

Tomorrow's likely to be another long day of hard work, as I expect is Friday, although at least by the end of tomorrow there's a chance I might be able to sleep a bit better...

No comments:

Post a Comment