Wednesday, August 29, 2012

28/8/12

I waited until the morning after to post this for 2 reasons:
a) By the time I was home and showered last night it was quite late so didn't really have time
b) Was hoping everything would look better in the morning! 

So, erm yeah...I was really looking forward to going to Wales for the day (even if it is a little bit crazy to go just for the day), it had the potential to be really enjoyable but *somebody* (not me), seemed to forget that I'm a bit broken when route planning so it was more of a climb and scramble than a walk.  It was difficult.  And hurt!


Yup, that's me!

Going down wasn't much better either, because there was an almost good path to follow, but, bah!  We're too good for that!

By the time we were back at the car I was feeling pretty dead, and pretty grumpy but then had to sit in the car for many hours.  I'm not going to go into the details of the journey but suffice to say some of the topics of conversation were...sub-optimal.  Felt so good to get back home!

I have to go to work today.  Not great given the hurting this morning, even less great given who else is also working today. *sigh*

Didn't quite go to plan then.  Still, that's one of the bigger UK mountains ticked off, it's about time I made some progress there! 

Here's Seb the Sock monkey, 'cos he came too!

The post for the 29th (today) will be coming this evening, hopefully it will be a bit more positive! 



No comments:

Post a Comment