Monday, January 30, 2012

30/1/12

Given that my day has consisted of sitting in front of a computer waging war against matlab I don't have much to talk about seen as it was really quite dull! We did get assigned our projects - I'm going to be spending the next 4 and a half weeks doing something or other (haven't figured it out yet!) with cavity ring-down spectroscopy. I almost know what it is...

Efficient working today means that despite numerous crashes of matlab and word my group now has tomorrow morning off (huzzah!), I think I'm going to go to the library and get some books relevant to the lab project though. The 2 other members of my group are apparently much more technically minded and were already asking our supervisor questions when he was explaining a vague outline of the project. I was standing there a bit clueless so I need to catch up to them in terms of understanding, especially given that we have to hand in an essay type thing about the area by next week.

Today's picture is inspired labs. Yes, despite the fact no one was touching chemicals, or any equipment other than a computer, and we were well away from all equipment health and safety means we had to sit and wear lab specs whilst working on the computer! (i can see where there coming from, I just find them uncomfortable to wear all day!)


Feel a bit in limbo at the moment, given that my to-do list is getting quite long, but I can't actually do anything on it at the moment! Hopefully be a bit more productive tomorrow...

Tomorrow, being the end of the month I had planned to do a bit of a review blog, given that I have succeeded thus far in my photo and blog a day thing. We're having our house Christmas meal tomorrow evening though (only a month late!), so I might postpone 'til the day after with the reflection!

Actually have a lecture tomorrow (it's been 6 or 7 weeks since the last one I think...)

So until tomorrow folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment