Saturday, March 10, 2012

10/3/12

I was debating whether or not to do a proper post today, in fact the decision was something which received much thought on the long drive home back from the beach.

Had a really nice day out with the housemates, a definitely much needed break I think! Although it did remind me how crazy I have become, I wouldn't join in with the paddling in the sea because that would have involved getting sand on my feet *shudders*.

Here's a few photos from the day...
It was pretty cloudy when we first got there, but despite the greyness it still looked pretty good!



The sun showed itself later on and it turned out to be really nice weather wise



I found a crab claw too, had great fun teasing my housemate with it! (revenge for him dangling me upside down over the sea!)



Brought back a lot of memories too, it has been a very long time since I've been to Skegness and yet many things were just how I remembered them. We had a nice fish and chips on the front (even if my mushy peas did "dissolve" my chips, a well earned meal after our epically long walk on the beach - right from where the pier is all the way down to just past Gibraltar Point!

I think the highlight of the day was the reaction of one of my housemates, her previous visits to the beach have involved the family's beach hut and barbecuing sea bass so I think Skegness came as a bit of a shock! There were a huge number of signs which received the comment "seems legit", an example being "Skegness Pier, what a great idea" along with the "for sale" sign spray painted onto a vacant ice cream/souvenir selling booth thing, there were many more - all were photographed and I expect will be appearing in a facebook album at some point in the near future...

Now the down side of a trip to the beach, especially after last week and yesterday in particular was the amount of thinking time it gave me! The long time there and back, not to mention the epic walk along the beach! I really don't need more thinking time.

Now I've always been pretty open with this blog, but for the time being I don't really want to go into the details. What I will say is that my trip to the doctors yesterday didn't go as planned. Don't worry, I'm not about to die or anything (well at least I don't think so!), but I didn't get the news I was hoping to be hearing at this point. It seems a safe bet that the slim chance I had of racing a bike this season has now evaporated and that's the least of my worries!

One the advice of @lonemat (happy now you've been mentioned? :P ) I'm trying to be optimistic (and am going to have fun...working?) - I have time on my side, I am going to come up with a plan B though. Thanks for your help today though!

I have a feeling I'm going to be leaning on a select few people over the next few weeks and months, some who will be reading this and some who won't (and I expect some will be happier about it than others!), so thanks in advance for putting up with me!

Right, that's probably enough from me. The ill/tired thing hasn't disappeared yet so I should probably get an early night. Having not done any work today I have a mountain to climb tomorrow, amongst the rest of the things I need to do, and I don't think there's enough hours in the day to do it all. When did uni get so difficult? :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment