Saturday, March 24, 2012

24/3/12

Well yesterday was a bit of an odd day, much of it was spent quietly contemplating. Had to clear out Ned's cage, and find something to fill the big gap left on my desk.

There was some positivity yesterday though. Had a meeting with my disability adviser about my summer exams. Shan't go into the details until everything is sorted out but it was a productive meeting. Things are being sorted. I hadn't spoken to him since before January exams, 'cos I've just been plodding along and haven't needed any help so it was nice to have a meeting with him. Unlike some of the academics I've spoken to recently about arm related matters (who, don't get me wrong, are all very helpful!), I feel happier talking to him so it was good to have a bit of a chat with him. Not sure what exactly it is but when speaking to him my conversational skills go beyond saying the absolute minimum which is what normally happens in these situations! He asked me how I felt too, not just a usual "how are you?", or "how do you feel about what we're discussing?" but actually how I feel about the fact my arm might not improve more than this. (Not that I want everyone to ask, 'cos that'd get really annoying, but was good of him to do so).

Anyway, enough about that. The sun appears to be shining. In true Nottingham fashion it's really quite hazy, as it has been for the last couple of days. Nice enough though. Forecast suggests further improvement as we go into next week too - yay! I love this type of weather - warm enough that I don't need a jumper but not too hot.

While the mist was still lurking this morning I spent almost 3 hours cleaning our kitchen. It was disgusting. I know it won't last long, but such is the way when you're living with students (slightly annoyed that within a couple of hours of finishing a housemate had already left a dirty spoon on the side!). Should have taken a before shot to emphasise the work I put in but anyway, here's our nice clean kitchen!



The highlight of my cleaning is the fact that the microwave is now white, inside and out! Cleaning of the inside was not pleasant, it's making me feel ill just thinking about it! Cleaning the outside was very satisfying though - in the last 18 months the top of the microwave has slowly gained colours from various bags of bread, but now all trace of that is gone!

After going over some lecture notes (the pile is slowly going down now lectures are winding down!) I figured I should probably make the most of the weather. Bike ride anyone?



It's really frustrating not being able to go any further, that was too far really, and I rode too hard. Just can't help myself! Still 2.2 sunny miles ridden :-)

Brings the 2012 total to 42.29 miles.

I feel like I should be doing some more work now. Really want to be on top of all these notes before the holidays seen as I'm going to be busy for much of the time away from uni. Shot myself in the foot though (somehow thought I might), riding too hard hurts! I'll try and do a couple of hours on polymers at some point today...

No comments:

Post a Comment