Friday, April 13, 2012

13/4/12

I bought some running shoes today. And went running. Well I tried anyway.

Thought I'd take one of the dogs with me but didn't take into account his silliness. He has a tendency to get *very* nervous about silly things (he was a rescue dog, don't think the first few months of his life were very good :( ).

As he was on his own, without his "big brother" looking after him he wasn't keen on running, so I went slowly, then he decided he wasn't keen on walking either. Thought I'd try the usual tricks (not the first time I've had this problem!), but he was wise to me today.

He picked up the handle to his lead (which I'd let go to show him I wasn't going to force him to come), and he turned round and starting trotting back in the direction of the car. It was rather annoying, and a little bit embarrassing 'cos apparently I picked peak dog walking time, but it has to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen and this picture really doesn't it justice!

Eventually I did manage to coax him to come, all be it a bit of a slow run (and there were a few stops on the way!). I did about 3/4 of a mile and then turned round to come back, funnily enough Dobby was more amiable to the idea of running back towards the car so managed to run at my pace for a little while (although being a bit more unfit than I was hoping I was glad of his stops on the way back!).

Think I have a lot of work to do if I'm going to get "good" at running. I shall give it a go though, nice to be back out in the countryside where I belong.

Although I did have to fashion a bit of a sling out of the dog lead when I was running 'cos although better than handlebar holding the arm swinging isn't all that great either. Possibly scuppered my chances of doing much work tonight (and so much to do - argh!). At least I'm seeing my consultant after the weekend - and if he can't help me I've got another one lined up to have a look!

Here's one more picture of the dog, just before he pounced on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment